Go to Clickpass and create an account. Once in the account, go to the "My Details" tab and check the "Show software developer tools" under "Additional Preferences". There should now be a "developer" tab present, select it and push the "Create new site" button.
1. Register site
- Type in the site name.
URL: http://localhost:8080/makedo. This is for running a grails app on your own machine named makedo.
- Description and logo are optional.
2. Log users in
OpenID trust root: http://localhost:8080.
begin_openid_login: http://localhost:8080/makedo/openid/login?success_controller=. This link is where Clickpass will access, providing the OpenID details, after one has passed the bar that should be in the app.
- Leave the OpenID parameter label alone.
Submission method: POST.
- SSL is optional.
- Once you have saved the changes, the page will change and display a choice of clickpass bars and the html code for it down below. Copy the html code into
3. Merge accounts
begin_add_openid_to_user URL: http://localhost:8080/makedo/clickpass/merge. This is after the authentication and the check whether the OpenID belongs to any user on the database, bringing him to the registration form. If the user selects to login a pre-existing account, the username and password he provides will be sent to this link. If successful the OpenID will be associated with that account.
user_id label: Username. This is for the login page Clickpass will provide before accessing the URL above. Merely cosmetic.
- Adding the connect bar is optional.
4. Register new signups
process_openid_registration_url: http://localhost:8080/makedo/clickpass/register. This is after the authentication and the check whether the OpenID belongs to any user on the database, bringing him to the registration form. The user provides information to Clickpass which will be passed along to the link. If successful a new user account with the associated OpenID will be created and saved in your app.
new_openid_completion_url: http://localhost:8080/makedo/clickpass/welcome. This is for when authentication is successful and all other things have been taken cared of, e.g. registration or merging.
- The others are optional except for the fields. Changes in the fields may require changes in the register method of the Clickpass controller.
- The URL for the registration form should be left for last as it changes due to the fields. Once you're satified and have saved the changes, you can copy and paste the string into
urlStringin the welcome method of the Clickpass controller.
Once the settings are done, you can use Clickpass.